Here we have another ogham tattoo on the centre upper back reading clann in Irish Gaelic.
The word clan (one n) in English is derived from the Gaelic clann (two n’s), though it holds a slightly different meaning.
English definition of clan
- A group of people all descended from a common ancestor, in fact or belief.
- A traditional social group of families in the Scottish Highlands having a common hereditary chieftain
Irish Gaelic definition of clann
- family of sons or of daughters
- Chuir Dia clann chucu, God blessed them with children
- Clann clainne, Grandchildren.
- Race, descendants
- Clanna Gael, the Gaels/the Irish, Clanna Néill, the O’Neills, Clann Dónaill, the McDonnells