This ogham tattoo reads “Clann” in Gaelic.
The word clan (one n) in English is derived from the Gaelic clann (two n’s), though it holds a slightly different meaning.
English definition of clan
- A group of people all descended from a common ancestor, in fact or belief.
- A traditional social group of families in the Scottish Highlands having a common hereditary chieftain
Irish Gaelic definition of clann
- family of sons or of daughters
- Chuir Dia clann chucu, God blessed them with children
- Clann clainne, Grandchildren.
- Race, descendants
- Clanna Gael, the Gaels/the Irish, Clanna Néill, the O’Neills, Clann Dónaill, the McDonnells